Wifi Direct(P2P) implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
  Why Wifi Direct(P2P) is not implemented in SDK 3.1.0 and SDK 3.1.1?
  Is P2P in SDK 2.4.1 reliable?
  Should I go for a P2P in SDK 2.4.1 or a Soft AP implementation from newer SDKs

mcu: stm32f407
chip:bcm43362

Thanks,
Sooraj

10 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

The Wifi Direct P2P is implemented on SDK 3.1.0 and 3.1.1, its under apps/test/console/ .

SDK 3.1.1 has more api's for p2p, would ask you to go ahead and using 3.1.1 SDK.

Thnx

vik86

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, But console application is stuck when start_p2p command is given(SDK3.1.1), no WIFI peer device is discovered in android phone.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

while running SDK 3.1.1
functions In besl_p2p_init

wwd_sdpcm_send_iovar(SDPCM_SET, buffer, NULL, WICED_STA_INTERFACE); and
wwd_sdpcm_send_iovar(SDPCM_GET, buffer, &response, WICED_STA_INTERFACE);

doesn't return WWD_SUCCESS(0) but a value 2023
but it returns WWD_SUCCESS if SDK 2.4.1 is used

Thanks and Regards,
Sooraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

"SDK 3.1.1 has more api's for p2p" -Can you please list it or tell where to find it? I was not able to find any newer apis.

Thanks,

Sooraj

0 Likes

I'm getting the SDK verified, with these issues. I did reproduce and saw the same issues.

SDK 3.1.1 has more api's for p2p : It had better api's for disconnect notification  and few others, there has been significant changes in the p2p api's.

Thnx

vik86

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Updation on these bugs?

Thanks,
Sooraj

0 Likes

Yes these issues were caught during testing, they are working on fixing them and would have them completed for next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

thnx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarification.So what should i do? proceed with wifi Direct in v2.4.1?

Thanks,
Sooraj

0 Likes

Hi,

I guess you already moved to latest WICED SDK to resolve your issue.

Seyhan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.. In latest WICED SDK, P2P implementation is great... Im still trying to find a bug
Thanks and Regards,
Sooraj

0 Likes