OTA2 not building with debug target

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiMc_1688136
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 50 questions asked 10 solutions authored

My ota2 project is not building when I add the debug option to the build config.

InVue.RTD-InVue_RTD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug ota2_manuf_download will not build but InVue.RTD-InVue_RTD-FreeRTOS-LwIP ota2_manuf_download will and InVue.RTD-InVue_RTD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug download will not build but InVue.RTD-InVue_RTD-FreeRTOS-LwIP downloadwill.

The error is related to the memory location defines in the OTA2_image_defines.mk.

Is this normal? How can I debug my project with the added OTA code?

Build Console

18:04:24 **** Build of configuration Default for project AWS_WIFI_RTD ****

"C:\\Firmware\\F1679_WIFI_RTD\\AWS_V2\\make.exe" -j8 InVue.RTD-InVue_RTD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug ota2_manuf_download

MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=InVue.RTD-InVue_RTD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug ota2_manuf_download OTA2_SUPPORT is enabled

make.exe[1]: warning: -jN forced in submake: disabling jobserver mode.

Building Bootloader waf.ota2_bootloader-NoOS-NoNS-InVue_RTD-P103-SoC.43909

Building Serial Flash Loader App

Finished Building Serial Flash Loader App

prgm hdr cnt=3

total_size = 15756, entry_point = 0x688000

Loadsegment_offset = 0xA0 segment_size = 15520, segment_pad = 0

Loadsegment_offset = 0x3D40 segment_size = 32, segment_pad = 0

Loadsegment_offset = 0x3D60 segment_size = 204, segment_pad = 0

Finished Building Bootloader

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c: In function 'wiced_ota2_image_copy_uncompressed_component':

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c:577:19: error: 'OTA2_IMAGE_FLASH_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'NORMAL_IMAGE_FLASH_BASE'?

dst_offset = (OTA2_IMAGE_FLASH_BASE + component_header->destination);

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NORMAL_IMAGE_FLASH_BASE

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c:577:19: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c: In function 'wiced_ota2_image_write_data':

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c:1290:28: error: 'OTA2_IMAGE_STAGING_AREA_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'NORMAL_IMAGE_APPS_AREA_BASE'?

if ( (offset + size) > OTA2_IMAGE_STAGING_AREA_SIZE)

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NORMAL_IMAGE_APPS_AREA_BASE

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c: In function 'wiced_ota2_get_boot_type':

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c:1590:14: warning: implicit declaration of function 'wiced_dct_ota2_read_saved_copy'; did you mean 'wiced_dct_read_with_copy'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

result = wiced_dct_ota2_read_saved_copy( &ota2_header, DCT_OTA2_CONFIG_SECTION, 0, sizeof(platform_dct_ota2_config_t));

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wiced_dct_read_with_copy

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c: In function 'wiced_ota2_image_get_offset':

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c:1796:26: error: 'OTA2_IMAGE_FACTORY_RESET_AREA_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'NORMAL_IMAGE_DCT_2_AREA_BASE'?

ota_offset = OTA2_IMAGE_FACTORY_RESET_AREA_BASE;

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NORMAL_IMAGE_DCT_2_AREA_BASE

apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.c:1799:26: error: 'OTA2_IMAGE_STAGING_AREA_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'NORMAL_IMAGE_APPS_AREA_BASE'?

ota_offset = OTA2_IMAGE_STAGING_AREA_BASE;

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NORMAL_IMAGE_APPS_AREA_BASE

tools/makefiles/wiced_elf.mk:232: recipe for target 'build/InVue.RTD-InVue_RTD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug/Modules/apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.o' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [build/InVue.RTD-InVue_RTD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug/Modules/apps/InVue/RTD/../../../libraries/filesystems/ota2/wiced_ota2_image.o] Error 1

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

18:04:29 Build Finished (took 5s.190ms)

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think I found the problem last night after posting. I was able to get the errors to go away by including the filesystems/wicedfs component in my makefile because my application requires access to functions in wiced_ota2_image.c.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

I don't see this problem when I tested snip.scan-CYW943907AEVAL1F-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug ota2_manuf_download in WICED SDK 6.2.1. The build passed without any error. Are you using CYW43907 based platform? Can you test with snip.scan and confirm if you still see this issue? Perform a make clean and then test.

0 Likes

I think I found the problem last night after posting. I was able to get the errors to go away by including the filesystems/wicedfs component in my makefile because my application requires access to functions in wiced_ota2_image.c.