Initializing ADC outside of Wiced SDK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on an application where the wiced module is required to sample an audio stream with its internal ADC. Due to the RTOS, this requires the use of the DMA and continuous conversion, setup for which is not supported in the wiced SDK.

Does anyone know if it is possible to initialize the ADC without using the API in the wiced SDK? I have tried to initialize the ADC like one would normally on the microcontroller, but it does not seem to compile and throws several errors. What do I have to alter to be able to initialize the ADC (with the DMA and interrupts) outside of the SDK?

Currently I am using the USI WM-N-BM-14, which has a STM32F2**, but if there is a way to implement this, I would assume it would be relatively similar across all wiced modules.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Specific hardware implementations could be done and the platform files in .../Wiced/Platform/<Platform>/ could be freely updated. Wiced brings all definitions related to the host CPU.

For specific to STM32f2x, the defined ADCs, adc_mapping[] in platform.c, are initialized with wiced_adc_init() in .../Wiced/Platform/common/ARM_Cortex_M3/STM32F2xx/stm32f2xx_platform.c.

You are free to implement your own version of wiced_adc_init() and perhaps keep it in the specific platform.

What is your specific errors, perhaps we could help.

-Seyhan

Are you OK? or do you still have an issue?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discussion is being locked. If you have any follow-up, please start a new discussion.

0 Likes