External JTAG with BCM94343WWCD1_1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I have my own external debugger that I want to hook into the STM32F4 on the BCM94343WWCD1_1. The blue shrouded header (J3) appears to correspond to what I want. But when I try to open the connection, although I can read the voltage, I appear to be unable to reset the device.

Is the on-board debugger holding onto this pin? Is there a resistor I can remove so that my external debugger may toggle?

I've looked at the schematics for the BCM94343WWCD1_1 but they seem to entirely omit the information from the black board. Where can I find those schematics? I could help myself if I was able to find them.

Best,
Louis

FYI, the eval board that I am mounted on appears to be the BCM9WCD9EVAL1. Unfortunately, it's schematics are not in WICED-Studio-5.1/43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms/evaluation_boards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The schematics posted just about a year ago in another thread provide the necessary information.

Essentially, I needed to move R6 into position A so that my debugged could take control of the chip.

I recommend you include the schematics in future releases!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

The schematics posted just about a year ago in another thread provide the necessary information.

Essentially, I needed to move R6 into position A so that my debugged could take control of the chip.

I recommend you include the schematics in future releases!!!

0 Likes