BLE problems writing characteristics

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platform BCM943341WCD1, use ble_proximity project as sample.

defined characteristic in gatt_db[] as :

CHARACTERISTIC_UUID128_WRITABLE(HDLC_XXX_CLIENT_ID,

HDLC_XXX_CLIENT_ID_VALUE,

UUID_XXX_CLIENT_ID,

LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_READ | LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_WRITE,

LEGATTDB_PERM_READABLE | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_CMD | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_REQ),

CHARACTERISTIC_UUID128_WRITABLE(HDLC_XXX_AUTH_CODE,

HDLC_XXX_AUTH_CODE_VALUE,

UUID_XXX_AUTH_CODE,

LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_READ | LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_WRITE,

LEGATTDB_PERM_READABLE | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_CMD | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_REQ),

I have an Android program that is writing the characteristics in the exact same way.

a) mBleService.getBleDevice().writeXxxAuthCode(loginAsyncTask.getAccessToken().getBytes());

on BCM943341WCD1 console:

in ble_proximity_gatt_cback, I get event=GATT_ATTRIBUTE_REQUEST_EVT

AND p_event_data->attribute_request.request_type = GATTS_REQ_TYPE_WRITE

b) mBleService.getBleDevice().writeXxxClientId(loginAsyncTask.getClientId().getBytes());

on BCM943341WCD1 console:

in ble_proximity_gatt_cback, I get event=GATT_ATTRIBUTE_REQUEST_EVT

AND p_event_data->attribute_request.request_type = GATTS_REQ_TYPE_WRITE_EXEC

Why does one show up as GATTS_REQ_TYPE_WRITE and the other as GATTS_REQ_TYPE_WRITE_EXEC ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the problem was that the amount of data I was writing to one of the characteristics was too long. Is there a max size for data that can be written to a characteristics ?

0 Likes

I believe Characteristic max size is a function of the Bluetooth spec: Adopted Specifications | Bluetooth Technology Website

If I am not mistaken, this is roughly 20 octets, so that would be a good place to start: Is there a max size for device information?

0 Likes