Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

WEXI_3635386
New Contributor

I set up my target ssid and password in the DCT then called wiced_network_up. Since my target ssid won't be up 100% during my application. I saw the wiced_network_up tried to join the target ssid three times and then declared the "failed to join : target ssid"

I would like to have it keep try to connect to the ssid, instead of stooping after only 3 tries. How could I achieve this?

In other API I used before, I can set the something like wifi,config,auto_connection to true. then the wifi API will keep trying to connect to the ssid provided. Is there anything similar in wiced?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AxLi_1746341
Honored Contributor

wenchao.xi_3635386 wrote:

I would like to have it keep try to connect to the ssid, instead of stooping after only 3 tries. How could I achieve this?

Use a while loop to keep calling wiced_network_up() until it returns success.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WEXI_3635386
New Contributor

I found in the depth of API, it has this marco

* WICED Join Options */

#define WICED_JOIN_RETRY_ATTEMPTS             (3)

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

You can use the wwd_wifi_join_specific or wwd_wifi_join API if you want to bypass the retries option available in the wiced_network_up API. Please find the API declaration and definition as located in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/WWD/include/wwd_wifi.h and 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/WWD/internal/wwd_wifi.c

0 Likes
AxLi_1746341
Honored Contributor

wenchao.xi_3635386 wrote:

Use a while loop to keep calling wiced_network_up() until it returns success.

View solution in original post