how to make wiced_network_up auto connection?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WEXI_3635386
Level 1
Level 1

I set up my target ssid and password in the DCT then called wiced_network_up. Since my target ssid won't be up 100% during my application. I saw the wiced_network_up tried to join the target ssid three times and then declared the "failed to join : target ssid"

I would like to have it keep try to connect to the ssid, instead of stooping after only 3 tries. How could I achieve this?

In other API I used before, I can set the something like wifi,config,auto_connection to true. then the wifi API will keep trying to connect to the ssid provided. Is there anything similar in wiced?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AxLi_1746341
Level 7
Level 7
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

wenchao.xi_3635386 wrote:

I would like to have it keep try to connect to the ssid, instead of stooping after only 3 tries. How could I achieve this?

Use a while loop to keep calling wiced_network_up() until it returns success.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WEXI_3635386
Level 1
Level 1

I found in the depth of API, it has this marco

* WICED Join Options */

#define WICED_JOIN_RETRY_ATTEMPTS             (3)

0 Likes

You can use the wwd_wifi_join_specific or wwd_wifi_join API if you want to bypass the retries option available in the wiced_network_up API. Please find the API declaration and definition as located in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/WWD/include/wwd_wifi.h and 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/WWD/internal/wwd_wifi.c

0 Likes
AxLi_1746341
Level 7
Level 7
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

wenchao.xi_3635386 wrote:

Use a while loop to keep calling wiced_network_up() until it returns success.