can't build AWS Free RTOS Hello World demo CYW943907AEVAL1F

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mvpablo
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I'm trying to run the AWS Free RTOS Hello World example for the CYW943907AEVAL1F

So I Followed the instructions here https://www.cypress.com/video/amazon-freertos-101-cywxx907-lesson-4-afr-hello-world

I've Installed

• WICED Studio 6.4
  • MAC OSX 10.15.6.
  • Java 1.8 64bit

Cloned the Free RTOS repository using:  git clone https://github.com/aws/amazon-freertos.git --recurse-submodules

set the WICED SDK path on /etc/profile to the only folder I could find for WICED STUDIO

an the commands perl platform_adjust_make.pl and chmod +x make on the freertos/vendors/cypress/WICED_SDK

Import the demo project

tried to build it and I've got this error

23:26:56 **** Build of configuration Default for project aws_demos ****

/amazon-freertos/vendors/cypress/WICED_SDK/make demo.aws_demo-CYW943907AEVAL1F-FreeRTOS-LwIP download run

Unknown host

Linux32 uname: ""

Linux64 uname: ""

OSX uname: ""

Win32 uname: ""

I could only found a old post from 2014 that relates this issue to the SDK

Any idea how to solve this issue?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
OsAb_4750191
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi,

This error appears when the environmental variable, WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH, is not defined. Please set WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH to /Users/your-username-here/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.4/ (default SDK directory).

To do this, in WICED Studio 6.4, go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build ->  Environment.

Hit Add... on the right side of the pane.

Set Name to WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH

Set Value to /Users/your-username-here/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.4/

Hit Ok -> Apply -> Ok

This should fix it. Feel free to let me know if there are further issues. Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OsAb_4750191
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi,

This error appears when the environmental variable, WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH, is not defined. Please set WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH to /Users/your-username-here/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.4/ (default SDK directory).

To do this, in WICED Studio 6.4, go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build ->  Environment.

Hit Add... on the right side of the pane.

Set Name to WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH

Set Value to /Users/your-username-here/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.4/

Hit Ok -> Apply -> Ok

This should fix it. Feel free to let me know if there are further issues. Thank you for your patience.

Many thanks. That solved the issue. !

-Pablo

0 Likes