Wifi module to stream video from USB Camera

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am looking for a module to connect to a USB camera and to stream the video data (or the complete USB protocol?) via network. Some of the modules seem to have Wifi and USB hardware, but how complicated is it to "connect" them to each other? Are there any SDK function you can point me at or even some code samples for something similar?

My intention is to build a head-mounted eye-tracker and I would therefore prefer small and lightweight modules. Do you have any recommendations?

Best

Thomas

0 Likes
1 Solution
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

The SDK function definition for USB is in

/43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/drivers/USB/USBX/WICED/wiced_usb.c

Currently we don't have any snips for the USB operation.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

The SDK function definition for USB is in

/43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/drivers/USB/USBX/WICED/wiced_usb.c

Currently we don't have any snips for the USB operation.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. As I am quite inexperienced in this field, is there anything below the size of a Raspberry pi zero that could handle the task and is in a somewhat more advanced documentation state? I saw several chips running OpenWrt, for example, that seem to be capable of the task "out of the box", but in my tests they did not achieve good frame rates. Then there seems to be a wireless USB standard, but almost no devices supporting it?

0 Likes