Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

This may be a trivial question, but I had trouble to find how to rebuild the WICED 3.3.1 itself. I want to make a modification where I redirect the host_network_process_ethernet_data call through my code. Say, I want to blink a LED when a packet is received, regardless of it purpose.

Thanks,
Cezane.

2 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee

Could you elaborate more regarding what you are trying to look for ?

Since host_network_process_ethernet_data is for platforms that support ethernet interface. Not sure if you would want to use this with couple of platforms that we support presently.

thnx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replay vik86,

Say that I want to sniff all the Ethernet packets that files around the air. For instance, I want to build a gadget that tells how many people have left the wi-fi open in a plane. Mobile phones are sending wi-fi packets over the air from time to time, event if they are not connected.

Therefore, where would be the best place where I could hook a routine to read all the MAC addresses? It seems to me that host_network_process_ethernet_data is the entry point for all Ethernet packets that gets into the stack. I've also seen the wwd_wifi_enable_monitor_mode where you could also provide a callback routine that does exactly what I want. But if I'm doing this, I'll be unable to have other connections, like the cloud.

If my approach is wrong, please point me to the right road.

Thanks,

Cezane.