Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to play with bluetooth on a board which is using a bcm4330 with a kernel Linux 3.0.5

I can find some topic which are saying that I need to enable the bluetooth by using this command :

echo 1> / sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state

Problem is that this path is not available in my root file system. /sys/class/rfkill is empty.

Do I need to enable something in my kernel config to populate this directory ? I can see that the bcmdhd driver need a firmware to working correctly but after some search it seems that the firmware is only mandatory for the wifi feature. Moreover I does not need to modprobe the bcmdhd to be able to run the bluetooth part of the chipset.

Thanks,

Arthur.

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee

Hi Arthur,

BCM4330 is not a wiced module, hence we do not support it on this forum, you could reach out from where you got the device. We do have a BLE device 20737 ( this does not support Linux)WICED Smart which you can refer for more information

thnx

vik86

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
VikramR_26
Employee

Hi Arthur,

BCM4330 is not a wiced module, hence we do not support it on this forum, you could reach out from where you got the device. We do have a BLE device 20737 ( this does not support Linux)WICED Smart which you can refer for more information

thnx

vik86

View solution in original post

0 Likes