When to call wiced_transport_init()

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LJYe_2922526
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received 5 likes given

I found today that if I don't call wiced_transport_init() right away in APPLICATION_START() and wait till BTM_ENABLED_EVT, the wiced_transport_tx_complete_t callback stops getting triggered.

Is wiced_transport_init() required to be called only in APPLICATION_START()?

The reason why I wanted to call wiced_transport_init() in BTM_ENABLED_EVT is in APPLICATION_START() I'm not ready to receive data yet.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have created a simple snippet for WICED UART raw mode. I am calling the init() function in BTM_ENABLED_EVT and not in application start. It works fine. You can test too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to call wiced_transport_init after the BTM_ENABLED_EVT. I tried the same and the wiced_transport_tx_complete_t callback was triggered. By the way, I performed the test using WICED 6.0.

Is the callback never triggered or does it stop randomly after some time?

0 Likes

wiced_transport_tx_complete_t callback never triggered if I don't call transport init in application start. I am using WICED studio 6.0 and WICED_TRANSPORT_UART_RAW_MODE.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have created a simple snippet for WICED UART raw mode. I am calling the init() function in BTM_ENABLED_EVT and not in application start. It works fine. You can test too.

0 Likes