Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Bluetooth

TaGo_2353976
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using CYBT-343026 and tried to build and program handsfree program.

CYBT-343026 has 512KB external flash and also 848KB of ROM memory inside CYW20706.

If I did not change something of make file;

Q1: Which ROM area will be used for program instruction area?

External Flash(512KB)? or internal ROM memory(848KB)?

Q2: How can I see how much memory use the program of ROM/RAM?

And, how can I see how much memory is stil free?

The customer will have a plan to enhance program ,such as adding profile.

In such case, the customer would like to know memory usage and free memory area for each application.

Q3: Is there any way to change memory boot area from internal memory to external flash or something?

If possible, I think we should change make file or setting of WICED Studio. Please tell me the way how to change it.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61

Hi ,

A:  The code will be downloaded into External Flash and will be copied to the RAM.

ROM will contain the stack Firmware etc, to which there is no external access.

A:  The application code will be running on the RAM.

After building the project in WICED studio, you can check the  Build console for the application size

pastedImage_0.png

how can I see how much memory is stil free? - Around 180KB is available for the application code in the RAM. So the left out memory after building the project will be equal to 180KB - Application size from the console

Q3: Is there any way to change memory boot area from internal memory to external flash or something?

A: No.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

7 Replies
TaGo_2353976
New Contributor II

Hello,

Could someone help me???

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

Adding a few members of the Applications team: grsr riya rroy zhez zhxh yans kavs shjl

0 Likes
TaGo_2353976
New Contributor II

Hi,

How are things going on that?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi ,

A:  The code will be downloaded into External Flash and will be copied to the RAM.

ROM will contain the stack Firmware etc, to which there is no external access.

A:  The application code will be running on the RAM.

After building the project in WICED studio, you can check the  Build console for the application size

pastedImage_0.png

how can I see how much memory is stil free? - Around 180KB is available for the application code in the RAM. So the left out memory after building the project will be equal to 180KB - Application size from the console

A: No.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

TaGo_2353976
New Contributor II

Hi Anjana,

Thanks for your update.

I understand some point but I'd like to clarify more.

Q4:

I think instruction includes customer application , OS(RTOS) and some of WICED library only that the customer called in their application.

And, all of that will be copied to RAM.

Is that right ?

If yes:

Q5: Build the application size in build console shows only customer application with library that it is used, not includes others,such as OS or something?

Q6: 180KB of RAM could be used for only customer application, not includes OS?

Q7: According to your picture, application size is almost 5KB so remaining instruction area is 180KB-5KB=175KB.

Is my understanding correct?

Q8: What is "Patch" in the build console?(Patch size)

Sorry for many questions.

Thank you.

--TAK

0 Likes
TaGo_2353976
New Contributor II

anpm

How are things going on my questions?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi ,

Q4:

I think instruction includes customer application , OS(RTOS) and some of WICED library only that the customer called in their application.

And, all of that will be copied to RAM.

Is that right ?

A) The OS , ROM code is running in ROM. It won't be copied in to the RAM. Only Application code will be copied to the RAM.

Q6: 180KB of RAM could be used for only customer application, not includes OS?

A) Yes, It won't include the OS

Q7: According to your picture, application size is almost 5KB so remaining instruction area is 180KB-5KB=175KB.

Is my understanding correct?

A) That particular application needs only 5KB. It will vary depending up on your specific application and code.

Q8: What is "Patch" in the build console?(Patch size)

A)       Any enhancements to the particular functionality in the ROM code will be redirected to run from a modified code in some space of RAM.

That code in RAM is called patch code.

Thanks & Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes