CYW20719 - I2S Driver / APIs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

I am not able to find the I2S library. I was expecting to find an I2S driver in HAL folder ... but it isn't. Checking the files the closest one (to I2S) is "wiced_hal_pcm.h"

Can you tell me where to find the I2S drivers/API in WICED for the CYW20719?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

mifo​is right in the above response. As of now, there are no drivers to access the I2S interface from application.

The I2S interface is used for routing audio samples while using audio profiles such as the A2DP and the selected data path is I2S. The I2S block is configured automatically by the Bluetooth firmware.

In other words, developers cannot access the I2S block from application, it can be only be used to transfer audio samples for A2DP profile and the firmware will take care of configuring the interface when used.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

mroberts_arrow​ and issashokeh

Note that the latest datasheet which describes I2S support is here: http://www.cypress.com/file/414181/download

Note that the PCM interface shares HW with the I2S interface and only one can be used at any time. In addition, I2S/PCM in our device can be accessed only by the stack and not by the application.

I am adding sirk​ and jact​ to this thread as they know the part well and can provide some guidance.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mifo​is right in the above response. As of now, there are no drivers to access the I2S interface from application.

The I2S interface is used for routing audio samples while using audio profiles such as the A2DP and the selected data path is I2S. The I2S block is configured automatically by the Bluetooth firmware.

In other words, developers cannot access the I2S block from application, it can be only be used to transfer audio samples for A2DP profile and the firmware will take care of configuring the interface when used.

Thank you.  That explains why I can't find it in WICED.

0 Likes

Hello,

I am working with the CYW20719 and I was planning to use the i2s interface for a custom audio application, I am disappointed to read that it is not possible ... Do you have other modules that allows using the i2s from the applications ?

Best regards,

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes
yapi_4185356
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

hi!我使用CYW20948平台,我想挂载hands-free unil,设备挂载上去了但是总是连接失败

0 Likes