WICED Sense permanent malfunction after a patch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've downloaded a program with a patch "additional_advertisement_control.a" to use "bleprofile_notifyAdvPacketTransmissions". I've found a bug that I cannot solved. Therefore, I removed that patch.

After that download, I've tried to download original sample programs (such as hello_sensor") to the WICED Sense, but it always malfunctions when it advertises (Advertisement start for a few milliseconds and stop. PC cannot pair with it). Seems like the patch in the previous download affects consequent downloads.

I have another WICED Sense that is not affected by that patch. Testing of hello_sensor on that device has no problem at all.

I have followed WICED Sense recovery procedure, but it didn't help me.

How can I solved this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was recovered somehow after I download many different version of my code.

I'm not sure, but it seems to be related to this line of code

bleprofile_regTimerCb(print_time_and_kill, NULL);

Instead of NULL, I should use a blank function instead.

Calling of NULL may generate inconsistent behavior as I observed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You should do another recovery, but download the wiced_sense application instead from the SDK.

In hindsight, the sense kit is more of a demo kit than anything else. For all product development, the TAG3 board

is still the way to go.

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Any luck? Can you recover your sense board?

prayook

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was recovered somehow after I download many different version of my code.

I'm not sure, but it seems to be related to this line of code

bleprofile_regTimerCb(print_time_and_kill, NULL);

Instead of NULL, I should use a blank function instead.

Calling of NULL may generate inconsistent behavior as I observed.

0 Likes