Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to modify hello_client and hello_sensor (BCM20737 TAG) to build a piconet:

Master <-> Relay <-> Slave

I use hello_client codes for Master and Relay.  hello_sensor codes for Slave.

I can make it work when there is no bonding/encryption enabled.  However, when I enable the encryption, there is a problem between Master and Relay.

The sniffer shows the following:

Master -> Relay: Pairing Request

Relay -> Master: Pairing Response

Master -> Relay: Pairing Confirmation

Relay -> Master: Pairing Random

then there is no further control messages for encryption.  The link is still there (timeout disabled) but no more control messages.

I can make the Master (hello_client) connects with Slaves (hello_sensor) with encryption.  However, I cannot make the Master (hello_client) connects with Relay (hello_client) with encryption. 

Any idea why is that?  Any difference of the security operations between hello_client (as slave) and hello_sensor?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still cannot figure out why I cannot use the codes from "hello_client" as a relay with encryption connection. When the encryption is disabled, it can function as a relay.   I later modified the codes of "hello_sensor" to make it as a relay (master/slave) node and it has no problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee

Below is a good thread on simultaneous roles of the BLE, that your Relay is performing.

Testing Master and Slave Roles

BoonT_56
Employee

hlee

So is this still an issue?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still cannot figure out why I cannot use the codes from "hello_client" as a relay with encryption connection. When the encryption is disabled, it can function as a relay.   I later modified the codes of "hello_sensor" to make it as a relay (master/slave) node and it has no problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hlee,

Sorry for the late response, we are looking into this issue.

-Kevin

0 Likes