Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've created a characteristic that has the "Write" checkbox checked under it's properties. However, using an app I downloaded to write to a characteristic, the value I want to change it to won't be written. Is there any C code that needs to be implemented?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

IDK, I had those permissions before, but after looking at some sample code I ended up using these props/permissions:

LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_READ | LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_WRITE

LEGATTDB_PERM_VARIABLE_LENGTH | LEGATTDB_PERM_READABLE | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_CMD | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_REQ | LEGATTDB_PERM_RELIABLE_WRITE

And it started writing correctly. I think I was missing the Variable Length permission and that was causing it not to work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
JacobT_81
Employee

Refer to the document How to Write WICED Smart Applications

You'll find that in order to make make a writable characteristic you must use (for a 16 bit uuid):

CHARACTERISTIC_UUID16_WRITABLE (handle, handle_value, uuid, properties, permission, value_len)

This would be in place of a regular characteristic:
CHARACTERISTIC_UUID16 (handle, handle_value, uuid, properties, permission, value_len)

that you simply added writable permissions to
Jacob
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have CHARACTERISTIC_UUID16_WRITABLE instead of CHARACTERISTIC_UUID16, and it still wont take the value...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you need to format your characteristic to look something like this:

CHARACTERISTIC_UUID128_WRITABLE (HDLC_FIRST_CUSTOM_SERVICE_CHAR1,                  HDLC_FIRST_CUSTOM_SERVICE_CHAR1_VALUE,   __UUID_FIRST_CUSTOM_SERVICE_CHAR1,                  LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_READ | LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_WRITE, LEGATTDB_PERM_READABLE |      LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_REQ,             1),             '0',

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

IDK, I had those permissions before, but after looking at some sample code I ended up using these props/permissions:

LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_READ | LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_WRITE

LEGATTDB_PERM_VARIABLE_LENGTH | LEGATTDB_PERM_READABLE | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_CMD | LEGATTDB_PERM_WRITE_REQ | LEGATTDB_PERM_RELIABLE_WRITE

And it started writing correctly. I think I was missing the Variable Length permission and that was causing it not to work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes