Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to change the MAC address to a desired value in the "....._create()" function.

Is there a "set" MAC address command similar to the one that "gets" the MAC address (emconinfo_getAddr())?

I was hoping there would be something with a prototype like "bool emconinfo_setAddr(UINT8* str);" or anything similar to that.

Could someone help?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Gil

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56

I believe he wants to change the BD_ADDR at runtime from within the application using the API.

Unfortunately, we do not support this feature.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee

Did you have a chance to peruse the below blog?

BD_ADDR: Changing BCM20737 Board Address for Production

One can download the bd_addr either through the SDK or in the command prompt environment.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

I believe he wants to change the BD_ADDR at runtime from within the application using the API.

Unfortunately, we do not support this feature.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both.

Yes, I was hoping there would be an API call to change it at runtime from within the application.

I will look at the alternative methods.  Thanks again!

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

gdepaula kcj ehoffman

As a point of reference.  Since the BD_ADDR address location and  its size in bytes is already known, it seems that on could use bleprofile_ReadNVRAM/bleprofile_WriteNVRAM to write (then read back) a new BD_ADDR.

It would probably require a reset of some form, but I thought I'd add this note as this question gets asked alot.

This thread references those two functions, so it got me thinking: http://community.broadcom.com/message/12230#12230

andrew997