Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Smart Bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to continuously drive a PWM output (until I choose to turn it off.)

From the part datasheet, the PWM hardware seems capable of continuous output. I just need a way to set it.

pwm_start() seems like the right function to call. But, it only drives the buzzer for a second or so.

(It would be great if I could find the source code for pwm_start(), but that's a different topic.)

I've tried disabling sleep (using advice from the forum,) but to no avail. The buzzer only lasts for a second.

Any advice is appreciated.

My code is a modified hello_sensor. It just enables the buzzer GPIO, initializes ACLK, and starts PWM with something like this:

pwm_start(PWM2, PMU_CLK, 0x2FF, 0x200);

gpio_configurePin((GPIO_PIN_BUZZER) / 16, (GPIO_PIN_BUZZER) % 16, PWM2_OUTPUT_ENABLE_P28, 0);

(I could probably set a timer/interrupt to continuously restart the PWM. But, this seems unnecessarily complex. I'd prefer to just set the PWM hardware to go continuously.)

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56

Please study the pwm_tones application that is included within the SDK.  This application uses a continuous output and was created to serve as a guide to getting started with the PWM functionality on the 2073XS devices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello meme,

Have you checked the links like:

Re: How to get all 4 PWMs working at the same time on BCM20736S

Look at: IoT Hackathon Challenge

Lots of entries on the forum for PWM.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

Please study the pwm_tones application that is included within the SDK.  This application uses a continuous output and was created to serve as a guide to getting started with the PWM functionality on the 2073XS devices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes