BluetoolDownloadMinidriver failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ZhaohuaS_76
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

WICED-Smart SDK: 2.1.1

Use the IDE to download the image, failed, the following content in download.log, what error can bring this content?

BluetoolDownloadMinidriver failed!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi mwf_mmfae,

I found the root cause, the board had been wrote a bad image, so use the recover to download it successfully, thanks for your feedback.

Sure, I know no bluetool for Mass market, I only use it on my testing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Windows version of the SDK?  Downloading a standard profile to the TAG3 board?

I seem to recall that you experienced a similar issue in this thread when trying a custom NVRAM setup: Re: Change BCW920737TAG from EEPROM to SFLASH failed

0 Likes

Hi mwf_mmfae,

yes, I use the windowsd SDK, the board is customer board, it can be downloaded by bluetool.

The minidriver can be downloaded successfully by SDK in Re: Change BCW920737TAG from EEPROM to SFLASH failed , but the minidirver can's be downloaded in this case.

0 Likes

Can you create a CSP case and assign to someone internally (nsankar can direct you to the appropriate person in Asia)

Note that we do not support Bluetool within the Mass Market Customer base here in the NA and EMEA.

In addition, since the module is the primary product supported here on the forums, serial flash is not an option because the EEPROM NVRAM is built-in.

0 Likes

Hi mwf_mmfae,

I found the root cause, the board had been wrote a bad image, so use the recover to download it successfully, thanks for your feedback.

Sure, I know no bluetool for Mass market, I only use it on my testing.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update Ocean.

We really appreciate all of the support you have provided other users on the forum.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read the recover instructions in the quick start guide but when I try to follow them it doesn't work and I get some error like "no rule to make target".  How does one change an app from download to recover mode in the most straightforward way?  Following the instructions, I tried this with the proximity app and failed.  Can I do it with any app or does it have to be the proximity app?

0 Likes

Hi ehoffman,

Please check the make target line, refer to following content.

hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 recover UART=COM42

BTW, you must pull SDA to VDDIO or GND before board power up, and release it after board power on.