[BCM20736] The EEPROM Write Protect

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir,

Our hardware design change the eeprom write protect pin from P1 to P4.

I have two question to ask.

1. The minidriver.hex, is there anyway to build this minidriver by ourself to change the WP pin?

2. Besides minidriver, anything else need to be modified in the code?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I locate in Taipei, Taiwan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sir,

Is there anyone can help with these question?

0 Likes

On the SIP module.

Physical Pin 25 = Logical Pin P1, which is tied to the write protect pin of the internal EEPROM.

Physical Pin 32 = Logical Pin P4, which is a GPIO in addition to the following alternate functions:

• Peripheral UART RX (PUART_RX)

• MOSI (master and slave) for SPI_2.

• IR_TX

You want to remap in firmware the EEPROM write protection function from P1 to P4.

Is this correct?  If yes, why is this needed?

I don't think this will be supported as it would require firmware modifications outside the scope of these forums.

nsankar boont j.t vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, we want to remap in firmware the EEPROM write protection function from P1 to P4.

Because we assign the

P0 -> SPI_CLK

P1 -> SPI_MISO

P2 -> SPI_MOSI

P3 -> SPI_CS

That's why we move the P1 to P4 and we are not using the SiP module. Do you have any suggestion?

0 Likes

Your requirement will need significant changes to our firmware. Unless there are compelling reasons, it is not recommended. Where are you located? I would like to get a local representative to speak to you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I locate in Taipei, Taiwan.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is the distributor supporting your COB design? Please contact them for support.

0 Likes