Anaren A20737 code on CYBLE-013025-00

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a working firmware code running on Anaren's A20737. Since Anaren discontinued that module, I am now trying to use CYBLE-013025-00 instead.

On the WICED Smart IDE, I have recompiled the Anaren code with the option PLATFORM_NV=SFLASH. I was able to program the Cypress module using the Anaren's A4WP-1BLE programming hardware, and their Atmosphere Programmer GUI. The GUI went through the motions and did not produce any errors. Now the newly programmed Cypress module shows up on scanner apps on my iPhone, but the scanner does not seem able to read its service UUID. And because of this, my own control app that works fine with the Anaren module, does not see the Cypress module at all.

Has anyone been through successful transition from A20737 to CYBLE-013025-00? And if so, any idea on where I am going wrong? Do I need different/other compile options? Do I need to use a different programming hardware an/or software?

Alternatively, If I can be pointed to a working code for CYBLE-013025-00 that does translate BT commands to I2C outputs, I can use that as base code and add the functionality I need.

Thanks in advance.

Behzad

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello behzadkm

I am sorry that I couldn't able to go through the datasheet and project you shared. Drop box link got expired.

Q) Do you know if a basic example firmware for the CYBLE-013025-00 exists that I can build on?

Please use the project here : http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an220929-getting-started-ez-ble-wiced-modules

You can go through the appnote for getting started with the module.

Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnjanaM_61

Hi behzadkm

Do you have any datasheet or a user guide for the Anaren's A20737 ? I couldn't able to find anything from the website.

Since CYBLE-013025-00 is advertising and connecting, the problem won't be on Compiler or programming setting.

You may have to make sure you have ported the application code or hardware (like any button or pins) correctly on CYBLE-013025-00.

Please share the user guide and code if possible.

Thanks,

Anjana

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anjana,

Thank you for your effort. Here is a Dropbox link for user guide for the Anaren part.

Dropbox - A20737x_Users_Manual.pdf

Since my last post I have bought a CYBLE-013025-EVAL, and tried downloading and installing the appropriate platform/header files for this eval kit. But these have not helped at all. Now the eval kit can't be seen by the scanner at all.

Here is a link to my full WICED Smart directory as it pertains to this project. Just in case you can spot the problem.

Dropbox - WICED-Smart-SDK.zip

Do you know if a basic example firmware for the CYBLE-013025-00 exists that I can build on?

Regards

Behzad

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hello behzadkm

I am sorry that I couldn't able to go through the datasheet and project you shared. Drop box link got expired.

Q) Do you know if a basic example firmware for the CYBLE-013025-00 exists that I can build on?

Please use the project here : http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an220929-getting-started-ez-ble-wiced-modules

You can go through the appnote for getting started with the module.

Regards,
Anjana