can't download the 2.1.1 SDK IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm in shanghai, i can't download the 2.1.1 SDK IDE, it is very slow and finanlly failed to download, is there some other site to download this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Make sure you are not running a VPN session when you try your download. 

Not only is it slower via VPN, but I've seen very strange things happen to the integrity of the .EXE when it finally arrives.  Sometimes it's a runt (.exe filesize that is smaller than what it should be) and will even try to run!

I've tried Chrome, IE64, and FireFox....   I've tried it so many times I just finally gave up.... terminate VPN, download SDK, resume VPN...  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I just downloaded the same SDK and it took about 7-8 mins.  The archive seems to work fine.

I checked the download logs and about a dozen users downloaded it yesterday, two were from Asia.

I'm honestly not sure why you are experiencing problems from your specific location.

You may want to have a network admin within your company look into the issue as it may be network related.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried several times, and some of them shows downloaded successfully, but the size of downloaded install file only around 1MB. Double click, it shows to extract to somewhere, but there is no real extract actions following up.

bellowing is the screen shot.

Untitled.png

0 Likes

Can you try a different browser, or maybe ask someone else in the office to try and see if they have the same problem. I checked the download report again today and there are dozens more people that have succesfully downloaded the same file.

0 Likes

Make sure you are not running a VPN session when you try your download. 

Not only is it slower via VPN, but I've seen very strange things happen to the integrity of the .EXE when it finally arrives.  Sometimes it's a runt (.exe filesize that is smaller than what it should be) and will even try to run!

I've tried Chrome, IE64, and FireFox....   I've tried it so many times I just finally gave up.... terminate VPN, download SDK, resume VPN...  

0 Likes