Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Superspeed Peripherals

Anonymous
Not applicable

What examples are compatible with the C# Streamer app?  I've tried several, and in all cases, the streamer app shows "no device"

I'm anxious to get a baseline example that shows USB2 transfer speeds of 20MB/s minimum.  The BulkLoop PC app does not show transfer speeds.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use USBIsoSourceSink or USBBulkSourceSink example projects.

Also please make sure that VID and PID of these projects are listed in the cyusb3.inf.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sai.  I was able to get both examples to work with the Streamer application.  I saw noticably higher throughput using the Bulk example over the Isoch example.  Is this typical?  

The highest throughput I saw (Bulk example) on USB2 was 13700 KB/s.  On USB3 it went up to 22100 KB/s.  This was with Packets / Xfer set to 128 and Xfers to Queue at 16.  I am hoping to get 20 MB/s minimum through USB2.  Is this posible with these examples?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. It is possible.

With USB3, we have seen something around 300MB/s with Bulk and around 150MB/s with ISO multi packets and using Burst.

With USB2, 24MB/s with ISO multi packets, around 40MB/s with Bulk if there is no other device connected to host.

There is a readme.txt in the corresponding project folders. That will teach you how to do performance optimization on these examples.

0 Likes