Problems building cyusb3 from driver souces with VS2015

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoKo_4340761
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I had to update to win10 and installed VS2015 again to build the cyusb3 drivers from the sources that are provided in the CYUSB3_USB_Suite_Source.zip file.

As far as I can tell I have everything updated, SDK and WDK as required in readme file.

When I open the project file file cyusb3_win10.sln I get a weird error.

C:\test\VS2015\CyUSB3_Source\src\cyusb3_win10.vcxproj : error  : Unable to read the project file "cyusb3_win10.vcxproj".

C:\test\VS2015\CyUSB3_Source\src\cyusb3_win10.vcxproj(39,5): The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\WDKConversion\PreConfiguration.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

This file does not exist and the "WDKConversion" subfolder is empty.

What additional souces/tools do I need to install to compile the dirver succesfully?

0 Likes
1 Solution
6 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You can upgrade to Visual Studios 2019 which did not give any errors building the solution and the build was successful.

Please let me know if this did solve the problem.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

I installed VC2019 with WDK and tried the provided driver sources in CyUSB3_USB_Suite_Source.zip. This is version 1.2.3.16 and it did not compile successfully. (errors with multiple entries for SourceDisks and DestinationDirs)

Would it be possible to fix this issue, because this is a dedicated download to the FX3SDK?

After I found version 1.2.3.20 to download, I was able to compile succesfully.

Regards

Roman

0 Likes

Hello

We recommend you to use 1.2.3.20 driver as it is the latest one from this link: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

the precompiled version provided in the SDK 1.3.4 package is version 1.2.3.20 but the sources in CyUSB3_USB_Suite_Source.zip are still

the older version 1.2.3.16.

When will this be fixed?

Regards

Roman

0 Likes

Hello,

The Driver source files given the package are just for reference.

There are no plans to update the binaries any time soon.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes