Known issue with data loss on Intel xHCI?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a known issue with Intel xHCI controllers in SuperSpeed mode? Our FX3 based design works perfectly under several SuperSpeed controllers (Renesas, ASMedia, VIA...) but with Intel xHCI (Suface 3 pro, HP Elitebook 8570w) we have data loss in some cases and sometimes connection problems.

I read an old topic with Z77 issue and tried to disable LPM after connection, but it won´t help. Debugging with LeCroy Advisor T3 shows no errors, but the requested data from FPGA is missing in the failure case.

Edit: We work on WinUSB Driver and tested with Windows 7 and 10, both x64. It´s the same.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We haven;t witnessed any such issues with Intel xCHI controllers, other than LPM.

Do you face the sae issue with any of our example projects with cyusb3 driver? If not, it should be related to winUSB

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved the problem for now. I crawled the code examples and figured out my mistake. I placed the DisableLPM on the wrong place in the firmware. Now it works correctly also with Intel xHCI.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please point out where in the firmware did you correctly place DisableLPM?

I am facing data loss with xchi_hcd on 4.12 kernel on Ubuntu 16.04 using libusb.

Many Thanks,
Sujit

0 Likes