How to configue the threadIndex of CyU3PGpifSocketConfigure()

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I  want to set the FLAGA and FLAGB as the partial flag by using CyU3PGpifSocketConfigure(),but I don't understand the mean of threadIndex.What parameter I should give to the threadIndex.Is the name of the thread?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thread index is the associated thread of the socket. Without modifications the 4 threads 0 to 3 are 1:1 mapped to the sockets 0 to 3. This is made in the GPIF descriptor file.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.I have make the configue as CyU3PGpifSocketConfigure(0,CY_FX_PRODUCER_PPORT_SOCKET,3,CyFalse,0).But I don't get  the result. It also has  3  cycle latency.I have make this configue after the CyU3PUsbStart. Does this configue is right?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you also change the GPIF descriptor to route the partial flag to the output pin?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  Chris R:

I'm sorry.I don't change the the GPIF descriptor befor.But when I change the the descriptor,I meet the new problem.

I used code base on the slfifosync of Release version 1.0.So in my project,it doesn't have  the  GPIF descriptor.It replaced by cyfxslfifosync.h.I have tried as follow.

Firstly,  I change the value of  Sync_Slave_Fifo_2Bit_CyFxGpifRegValue in the cyfxslfifosync.h.

The number 0x00000018,  /*  PIB_GPIF_CTRL_BUS_SELECT */ is changed into 0x00000019((as the partial).

when I download the file using the control center,the computer show the equitpment  can't be recognized on the down rigtht corner.

Secondly,I change the number 0x00000018 into 0x00000010(as the dedicated).

It can download well.But the three cycle latency don't disappear.

Thirdly,I use the GPIF II to generate the file .I set FLAGA connect to current_Thread_DMA_waterMark.

In the project ,I use the file of cyfxgpif2config.h replace the cyfxslfifosync.h.

when I download the file, meeting the same problem like the first.

That't the problem I met.Can you give me some adjust.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does some one has met this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,tickyy!

can you tell me where is the function CyU3PGpifSocketConfigure()?i just saw it in the head file"cyu3gpif.h",but i can't find where the function is used(i mean in the example the cypress provide),can you tell me?

regards,

lint

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  lint,

It  didn't used  in the example of cypress support.You have to try by yourself.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks,tickyy,i know

0 Likes