Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Superspeed Peripherals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used a breakout board on the Devel Kit Samtec connector?  It looks

like Zebax may have one that works, any experience with it?

http://www.zebax.com/doc/ZX1/ZX102_QTH060ST.pdf

Thanks!

John P

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went that route a few months back. The ZX102 adapter presents it's breakout pins in an unfortunate mechanical arrangement. I also tried using the ZAX104 with the Mictor connector. I had to create another adaptor board to connect to an FPGA board. It was a lot of work and cost way more than the FX3 DVK. I've abadoned it for the Arrow/Nuvation boards. That's a whole 'nuther story... but I have managed to sort out the documentation errors and implement an ALTERA FPGA design with good results, 350+ MB/s in both directions. ... Now if I could just convincingly pretend to be a Windows programmer.....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
     Used few of the Samtec, ZX100 and ZX103 modules for debugging and pre-bringup test cases. Excellent boards for debugging. ZX104 is an ideal board for our test and debugging applications. Apparently Zebax is offering new modules with different headers - 0.15” pitch - that might be attractive to work with… Overall, very happy with Zebax breakout adapters.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just designed one and it's out for fab right now.  It takes the Samtec connector and breaks it out to a handful of 0.1" headers, each labeled and with signal-ground pinning (i.e. even pins are signals, odd are ground).  I also added provision to bolt the breakout on to the dev board so as not to stress the Samtec connector.  If there's any interest, I'll look into building up a batch.

0 Likes