FX3 not recognized after firmware download

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to get started with FX3 development card. Following the quick start guide, I've imported a C project in the Eclipse IDE from the firmware examples directory, I've built it and I've downloaded it to the card using the Control Center. Then, after the reset, there's a problem: though the FX3's driver was successfully installed and the card was correctly recognized by the OS, now it results as an unknown general usb device, and there's no way to get it recognized anymore. I think this is an enumeration problem, but how do I get on top of this? 

Thanks,

Greetings,

M.

0 Likes
3 Replies
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

What project did you use. This might configure the FX3 with a new vendor/product ID and if this ID is not in you driver .inf file the driver will not load. 

Sodafarl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to the device manager select the "unknown device" right click "update device" and select the cypress driver and that should take care of your problem. Also ensure you have allowed unsigned drivers to get loaded.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working on WindowsXP. I solved this problem by editing the *dscr.c source, changing the Product ID line from 0xF0,0x00 to 0xF3,0x00, and it worked fine.

0 Likes