FX3 counters: address, data, control and state, kind request for documentation/explanation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello, in trying to understand better the FX3 architecture I've hit a wall regarding the 3 ( sometimes 4 ) counters used by GPIF block: that is address, data, control and sometimes I've seen mentioned a state counter. I wasn't able to find a clear explanation about them, the documentation available is pretty sparse and spread in between many files. So I was wondering if somebody can point me to a document that contains a full description of the purpose and intended usage of those counters, especially what is their link with the actual data and address, how the control counter is used and what about the state counter that is mentioned once and then disappears ? Any help is really appreciated. Best regards, MC P.S> The input box for messages is really small, if a forum administrator reads this please consider increasing the size.   
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Data, Address and Control counters are just three counter resources available on the GPIF II hardware of FX3.

Nothing specific to the data, address and control lines. 

They just named like that to distinguish each counter. You just need to use LD_DATA_COUNT, COUNT_DATA and DATA_CNT_HIT together to access a counter.

Thanks,     

Sai Krishna.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Data, Address and Control counters are just three counter resources available on the GPIF II hardware of FX3.

Nothing specific to the data, address and control lines. 

They just named like that to distinguish each counter. You just need to use LD_DATA_COUNT, COUNT_DATA and DATA_CNT_HIT together to access a counter.

Thanks,     

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@MCM,

regarding the forum window size: When using ms Internet Explorer enable the compatibility mode to have a full-sized good-looking window.

Waiting for a forum admin to change tat or even to correct that took me already a couple of years.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sai: Thank you for your answer, it confirmed what I've tought but wanted to be sure.

@Bob Marlowe: There is a Got there, now it even work in Mozilla AND you can use smileys:  !!!

Cheers,

MC

0 Likes