FX3 SDK macOS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have installed mac version of FX3 SDK following the official procedure. But I can't run the eclipse since the Jave version mismach. 

I removed all existing Java versions and tried both Java 7 and Java 6. None of these Java versions worked.

Although FX3 SDK stated that the Java 7 is required, I have successfully installed and run FX3 SDK on Ubuntu 16.04 with Java 8. I think the macOS support for FX3 SDK would be an easy update for Cypress. Please help!

Regards

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which MAC OS are you using? Can you clarify the issue? are you not able to open the the eclipse? 

If so, it can be a permssion issue, Please check:
1) go to eclipse/ezUsbSuite.app/Contents/MacOS
2) add the executable permissions  (chmod +x ezUsbSuite)

If this does not help, please provide us a complete detail of the issue that you are facing (you can attach snapshots as well).

0 Likes

Similar problem here --

I get a pop-up that says "To open “ezUsbSuite.app” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime." when I click on the eclipse icon.  I can start the app from a terminal window by  $HOME/Cypress/eclipse/ezUsbSuit.app/Contents/MacOS directory and typing ezusbsuite. (but it is very fragile ... lots o crashes)  After installing legacy Java SE 6, I can click on the ezusbsuite icon and I immediately get the crash report window. Followed the permissions recommendations above, but there was no change (already had exe permissions) Any ideas?

OS version: 10.14.4

ezUsbSuite version: 1.3.4

-jim r

0 Likes

Hello,

After installing legacy Java SE 6, I can click on the ezusbsuite icon and I immediately get the crash report window. Followed the permissions recommendations above, but there was no change (already had exe permissions) Any ideas?

>> Please share the logs seen in the window when the crash is seen. This will help us to understand the issue better

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nishant

I followed your method to add the executable permission and re-installed Java SE 6 runtime from Apple. Now Eclipse works!

I am running macOS Sierra 10.12.2 on an Macbook Pro with 13-inch screen and touchbar.

Best regards!

0 Likes