Can you give me a demo of cx3 image transmission without UVC(non-uvc)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
steven
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Can you give me a demo of cx3 image transmission without UVC(non-uvc)  and sensor  Raw image  translate?

1、Cx3 driver  Demo

2、cx3 fireware  Demo

3、host display soft demo

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please confirm if the CyCx3UvcApplnInit function is executed successfully. Try putting some debug prints at the end of the function and check the debug prints to know whether the function executed successfully.

Why can't I get the sensor ID, but I can get it from my original UVC project. The two code obtained is the same. I can see that there is no waveform data on I2C with an oscilloscope.

>> Please share the UART debug prints while running the firmware.

>>Vendor Commands are used to Start and Stop streaming rather than UVC Class-Specific Control requests. Vendor command 0x99 is sent from PC to start the streaming. Vendor command 0x88 is for stopping the streaming in the firmware.

CyU3PMipicsiWakeup() & CyCx3_ImageSensor_Wakeup() APIs are called when 0x99 vendor command is sent from the control center

>>Please confirm that you send the vendor command from the control center correctly for starting the streaming.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please refer to this post FX3 / CX3 Firmware for Streaming RAW Image Data using Cypress Driver which has the CX3_RAWData_Cypress Driver and Descriptors.zip​ firmware attached.

The firmware is modified such that the device enumerates as a vendor class device (Non-UVC) and binds to a cypress driver. The CX3 firmware can stream RAW format through the Cypress streamer application (FX3 SDK).

Please refer to the above-mentioned post and let me know if any queries on it.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi:

Why always return to failure?  My board is normally plotted under UVC. Can I copy the sensor configuration directly and use it. Is there any detailed documentation?

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please let me know what errors do you get. If possible share the debug prints while running the firmware.

The CX3 firmware attached below uses the OV5640 sensor and the sensor configuration is also done in the firmware (without exposing the actual register values written). Though the OV5640 gives out YUY data, it is treated as RAW data and can be streamed to the host. (for testing purposes only. In the actual implementation, OV5640 settings are replaced by the original RAW Streaming sensor).

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Rashi:

hi, Why can't I get the sensor ID, but I can get it from my original UVC project. The two code obtained is the same. I can see that there is no waveform data on I2C with oscilloscope.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please confirm if the CyCx3UvcApplnInit function is executed successfully. Try putting some debug prints at the end of the function and check the debug prints to know whether the function executed successfully.

Why can't I get the sensor ID, but I can get it from my original UVC project. The two code obtained is the same. I can see that there is no waveform data on I2C with an oscilloscope.

>> Please share the UART debug prints while running the firmware.

>>Vendor Commands are used to Start and Stop streaming rather than UVC Class-Specific Control requests. Vendor command 0x99 is sent from PC to start the streaming. Vendor command 0x88 is for stopping the streaming in the firmware.

CyU3PMipicsiWakeup() & CyCx3_ImageSensor_Wakeup() APIs are called when 0x99 vendor command is sent from the control center

>>Please confirm that you send the vendor command from the control center correctly for starting the streaming.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Rashi:

the CyCx3UvcApplnInit function is executed successfully. but  cx3 can not rev  0x99 or 0x88.     and   CyU3PI2cReceiveBytes return=74,

0 Likes

Rashi: can you send me a project where the host PC can interact with the sensor to receive data? I can directly replace the sensor register configuration part. My email is zhangyl@irischina.com  thanks .

0 Likes

Rashi:

I  have slove this program,thanks .I modify my uvc project to  enable  #define UVC_Application  .