Can not download the IMG file to SPI in "USB Control Center".

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Please tell me the procedure. 1, DVK-SW25[4:1]=OFF,ON,OFF,OFF 2, J96 = "2-3" SHORT 3, J97 = OPEN 4, J98 = "2-3" SHORT PMODE[2:0] = "0F1" 5, Program ->FX3 -> SPI FLASH 6, "Cypress USB BootProgrammer" detected.(detect.png) 7, Program ->FX3 -> I2C EEPROM The following message is displayed. ""Bootloader is not running" dialog is "Please reset your device to download firmware." What is the mistake? Environment Windows7 Pro @64bit CyControl(1.0.0.1) CyUSB(1.0.0.1)   
0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The format of your post seems to have trouble. Please repost it, especially the relevant jumper, switch settings so that I can figure out what is going wrong.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Please tell me the procedure. 1, DVK-SW25[4:1]=OFF,ON,OFF,OFF 2, J96 = "2-3" SHORT 3, J97 = OPEN 4, J98 = "2-3" SHORT   PMODE[2:0] is "0F1"(SPI, On Failure, USB Boot is Enabled) 5, Program ->FX3 -> SPI FLASH 6, "Cypress USB BootProgrammer" detected.(detect.png) 7, Program ->FX3 -> I2C EEPROM The following message is displayed. "Bootloader is not running" dialog is "Please reset your device to download firmware". What is the mistake? --Environment-- Windows7 Pro @64bit CyControl(1.0.0.1) CyUSB(1.0.0.1) I'm sorry. Thank you so will post again.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        1,DVK-SW25[4:1]=OFF,ON,OFF,OFF 2, J96 = "2-3" SHORT   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Can not be a newline. 3, J97 = OPEN 4, J98 = "2-3" SHORT PMODE[2:0] is "0F1"(SPI, On Failure, USB Boot is Enabled)   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
1,DVK-SW25[4:1]=OFF,ON,OFF,OFF 2,J96 = 2-3 SHORT 3,J97 = OPEN 4,J98 = 2-3 SHORT  PMODE[2:0] is 0F1
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please tell me the procedure.  1, DVK-SW25[4:1]=OFF,ON,OFF,OFF 2, J96 = "2-3" SHORT 3, J97 = OPEN 4, J98 = "2-3" SHORT     PMODE[2:0] is "0F1"  5, Program ->FX3 -> SPI FLASH 6, "Cypress USB BootProgrammer" detected.(detect.png) 7, Program ->FX3 -> I2C EEPROM The following message is displayed. "Bootloader is not running" dialog is "Please reset your device to download firmware."  What is the mistake?  --Environment-- Windows7 Pro @64bit CyControl(1.0.0.1) CyUSB(1.0.0.1 
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you taken care of J101 to J104 to make sure the SPI lines are connected to the EEPROM?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Got confused by the title of thread. Re-read it

Following is my understanding, if you try to program SPI EEPROM everything works fine but when you try to program I2C EEPROM it says bootloader is not running. Is my understanding right.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you for advice. I want to programming in SPI-FLASH(U26 M25P40). There was little progress. USB2.0 host to connect. Select the IMG file is displayed as "Programming of SPI FLASH in progress...", is like being transferred. Does not end even after 30 minutes, however. J101 to J104 is All 2-3 SHORT. Please advice if there is anything else to check.   
0 Likes