Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Superspeed Peripherals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm working on a project using CX3 and a custom sensor board. We also need the second interface to control the sensor registers. My application is generated by "CX3 Configuration Project".  I've integrated everything under "USB_DEBUG_INTERFACE" macro and created the thread for "UVCAppEP0Thread_Entry" from AN75779. The second interface is listed correctly in device manager, however, when I send data through "USB Control Center", the event is set in CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback, but the UVCAppEP0Thread_Entry doesn't see that event (I've put breakpoint inside the function) and when I press the "Transfer Data-IN" from USB Control Center, I get error code 997 (I assume its the timeout). Also, if I try again to send data to CX3, the CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback doesn't fire up anymore. Is there anything else I should integrate in my project from that example beside the macro and UVCAppEP0Thread_Entry? Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Ion Popa

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16

Hello Ion Popa,

- Ensure that you have created the event group (using the CyU3PEventCreate API) that you are setting in the CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback function.

- Instead of using breakpoints, try using CyU3PDebugPrint() API (in case you have the UART functionality enabled) to debug the code.

- If possible, kindly, share the firmware source code.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
abhinavg_21

Hi,

What do you mean by saying "  I've integrated everything under "USB_DEBUG_INTERFACE" macro"? Please elaborate what all things you have integrated?

-- The second interface is listed correctly in device manager

Which second interface you have used? Attach the screen shot of the device manager.

-- Are you able to see the device in control center after programming the FX3 with AN 75779 firmware?

If yes please attach the screen shot.

--the event is set in CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback

How did you check that the event is set?

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
SrinathS_16

Hello Ion Popa,

- Ensure that you have created the event group (using the CyU3PEventCreate API) that you are setting in the CyFxUvcAppDebugCallback function.

- Instead of using breakpoints, try using CyU3PDebugPrint() API (in case you have the UART functionality enabled) to debug the code.

- If possible, kindly, share the firmware source code.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes