Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4713571
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hey guys!

So, I'm using the AN75779 to configure an image sensor. Meanwhile I'm waiting for the image sensor, I'm trying to understand all the code.
I bought the FX3 Superspeed Explorer Kit to run the code and see the log and all the "CyU3PDebugPrint"s. 
Of course I'm getting the error "DMA Reset Event: Frame timer overflow, time period =200", since I don't have any camera connected. There are any data bus
So, my question is: how can I simulate an image sensor with random image? For example, filling all buffers with red color. So I get a red image in VirtualDub.
I found the function where buffers are copy ("CyU3PMemCopy"), but I can't see where I can fill "garbage" in buffers, to simulate databus.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the application note https://www.cypress.com/file/123506/download to understand the firmware better.

The GPIF interface will sample the data when FV and LV signals are asserted as shown in Figure 13 of the app note. If the FV and LV signals can be simulated, then the data on the GPIF bus width will be sampled. You can also refer section 3.5 to understand the GPIF state machine.

You can also refer to UVC example of the SDK which This example implements a USB video class (webcam) device that streams a set of 2 MJPEG frames repeatedly to the USB host over USB Endpoint. The MJPEG video frames are stored in the memory of the FX3 device as constant data.

Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\uvc_examples

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the application note https://www.cypress.com/file/123506/download to understand the firmware better.

The GPIF interface will sample the data when FV and LV signals are asserted as shown in Figure 13 of the app note. If the FV and LV signals can be simulated, then the data on the GPIF bus width will be sampled. You can also refer section 3.5 to understand the GPIF state machine.

You can also refer to UVC example of the SDK which This example implements a USB video class (webcam) device that streams a set of 2 MJPEG frames repeatedly to the USB host over USB Endpoint. The MJPEG video frames are stored in the memory of the FX3 device as constant data.

Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\uvc_examples

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes