how to get the FPGA configuration utility tool?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to get the FPGA configuration utility tool? is there site link?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

There is no tool provided by Cypress to write data to the FPGA from FX2LP. But, this can be implemented using either the CyUSB.DLL or the CyAPI.LIB library files. The firmware must support a vendor command to interface with the FPGA either through the slave FIFO interface/I2C interface depending on the FPGA used.

As an example, please refer to the source of the host applications that come with the FX3 SDK​ (or) the FPGA Configuration Utility source that comes with the AN84868

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

I understand that you are referring to the AN84868. After the ZIP file is downloaded from the application note link, the FPGA configuration utility can be found in the below path.

<Install Path>\AN84868 - Source files for FX3 Firmware\AN84868_Project_files\FPGA Configuration Utility

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to see your answer. It's really good. domain 1$

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

is  it used for FX2LP? the IC is CY7C68013A_128, a usb 2.0 device.srnt

0 Likes

Hello,

The AN84868 is targeted for FX3 device and not for FX2LP. The FPGA configuration utility that comes as part of this application note is applicable only to FX3 and not to FX2LP.

Please let us know your requirement and if your project is based on any Cypress provided application notes.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,

is there FPGA configuration utility for FX2LP?

I want to write the bin file  for the FPGA which  connect with CY7C68013A_128,

0 Likes

Hello,

There is no tool provided by Cypress to write data to the FPGA from FX2LP. But, this can be implemented using either the CyUSB.DLL or the CyAPI.LIB library files. The firmware must support a vendor command to interface with the FPGA either through the slave FIFO interface/I2C interface depending on the FPGA used.

As an example, please refer to the source of the host applications that come with the FX3 SDK​ (or) the FPGA Configuration Utility source that comes with the AN84868

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes