Signing Cypress USB driver with custom VID/PID for Windows 7/10 64-bit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We're using Cypress USB driver with our custom VID/PID.

Because of our security requirements we're allowed install only signed Windows drivers - could you help us to figure out how we can sign Cypress USB driver with our custom VID/PID for Win x64 7/10?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you are interested in changing the Cypress driver to reflect your own identity through custom USB Vendor IDs (VID), Product IDs (PID), product names, company names and performance options, you can do this by editing one or both of the driver INF files. Once an INF file is edited, the original digital signature is no longer valid. Cypress can re-sell the existing driver certification to customers. Customers will have to submit the modified driver package to get Microsoft certification. 

Regards,

Anil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you are interested in changing the Cypress driver to reflect your own identity through custom USB Vendor IDs (VID), Product IDs (PID), product names, company names and performance options, you can do this by editing one or both of the driver INF files. Once an INF file is edited, the original digital signature is no longer valid. Cypress can re-sell the existing driver certification to customers. Customers will have to submit the modified driver package to get Microsoft certification. 

Regards,

Anil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Anil,
I have the same problem with the certification for Windows 7/10.

I have EZ USB FX2 with VID/PID 0547/1002 which is not included in the INF file of the FX3 drivers.
I create a Test catalog and change the PC to load in  TESTSIGNING ON (to be able to check the drivers of Windows 10).
In this mode I can use the FX3 drivers and communicate with the FX2 device as necessary.

Now I need a Microsoft certification in order to use the drivers in a release mode.
As I understand from you, it is possible to do that by submitting the modified driver package to Cypress.

Can you tell me how to proceed? How to submit the new package and how long it takes to receive the new Certified package?

Thanks,
Gabriel.

0 Likes