Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Low-Full-High Speed Peripherals

trsoc_3997646
New Contributor

Hi Service desk,

1) What are the functional differences between issuing hard reset to RESET_N pin Vs soft reset using USB->Reset().

2) Also, How to apply "CPU only Reset" or "Whole device reset" using the soft reset mechanism?

Thanks,

Trinath

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa

Edited: 2) For implementing the soft interrupt reset you can refer to

Implementation of Soft Reset in FX3 family devices

Hi,

1) - A hard reset is initiated by asserting the Reset# pin on FX3. All I/Os are tristated during a hard reset. However, that the on-chip bootloader has control after a hard reset  and it will configure I/O signals depending on the selected boot mode.

- In a soft reset, the processor sets the appropriate bits in the PP_INIT control register. There are two types of Soft Reset:

CPU Reset – The CPU Program Counter is reset. Firmware does not need to be reloaded following a CPU Reset.

Whole Device Reset – This reset is identical to Hard Reset.

The firmware must be reloaded following a Whole Device Reset.

2) For implementing the soft reset you can refer to Implementation of Soft Reset in FX3 family devices

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa

Edited: 2) For implementing the soft interrupt reset you can refer to

Implementation of Soft Reset in FX3 family devices

Hi,

1) - A hard reset is initiated by asserting the Reset# pin on FX3. All I/Os are tristated during a hard reset. However, that the on-chip bootloader has control after a hard reset  and it will configure I/O signals depending on the selected boot mode.

- In a soft reset, the processor sets the appropriate bits in the PP_INIT control register. There are two types of Soft Reset:

CPU Reset – The CPU Program Counter is reset. Firmware does not need to be reloaded following a CPU Reset.

Whole Device Reset – This reset is identical to Hard Reset.

The firmware must be reloaded following a Whole Device Reset.

2) For implementing the soft reset you can refer to Implementation of Soft Reset in FX3 family devices

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes