CYUSB3014-BZXC Getting back access to Bootloader after I2C or SPI flash is programmed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

On our design we have the I2C EEPROM to store the program code for the CYUSB3014-BZX. We have the boot mode set to "Z1Z" I2C (on fail USB boot enabled).
As the board is a tight layout and we do not have space for jumpers to change these settings easily.

If i want to update/overwrite the I2C image file, how can i get the back to the boot loader to do this?.

I can short the I2C lines to ground and make it fail to get back to the boot loader and then update the I2C EEPROM with the image 
but im looking for a better solution that i can use in the field.

Kind Regards,

Jesse

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can provide a vendor command in your firmware. Once you receive that Command, the FX3 should write some bytes in the EEPROM. If this happens, the image in the EEPROM gets corrupted and the device should come back as bootloader. Please try this by yourself using the Cypress USBFlashProg example. You can implement a similar vendor command in your firmware as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can provide a vendor command in your firmware. Once you receive that Command, the FX3 should write some bytes in the EEPROM. If this happens, the image in the EEPROM gets corrupted and the device should come back as bootloader. Please try this by yourself using the Cypress USBFlashProg example. You can implement a similar vendor command in your firmware as well.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect,

Ill give that a try.

Kind Regards,

Jesse

0 Likes