add support for CYUSB331x, HX3 USB HUB in imx8qxpmek

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sayec_3752646
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am trying to add support for CYUSB331x, HX3 USB HUB in imx8qxpmek instead of type-c. I am using  usbport 2 for this purpose. According to a thread with similar query  Porting CYUSB331x, HX3 USB HUB.  I found that only change is to add a reset gpio for enabling USB hub. I imx8qxp cdns USB driver is used. So I added the code for gpio reset in cdns.c probe function. But still I am not able to detect pendrive on any of downstream ports of hub. So my query is as follows:

1. How can I know that USB hub controller is up?

2. What changes should be done to port CYUSB331x, HX3 USB HUB in imx8qxp DTS files.

3. Is cdns USB driver compatible with CYUSB331x, HX3 USB HUB.

Appreciate your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

1. HX3 binds to embedded Linux hub class driver. Could you use dmesg to check plug in debug prints? Please let us know if you unable to see any other device connected on the downstream ports as well.

Please share your schematic with us before we look into your queries 2,3.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

1. HX3 binds to embedded Linux hub class driver. Could you use dmesg to check plug in debug prints? Please let us know if you unable to see any other device connected on the downstream ports as well.

Please share your schematic with us before we look into your queries 2,3.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes