The msc firmware can't work,help!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My PC couldn't detect the cy7c67300 after I loaded the msc firmware into EEPROM.The usb device in the bottom right corner of PC windows is missing!The following steps are my loading process.

1.[cy]$ cd Source/stand-alone/msc

2.[cy]$ make clean all

3.[cy] $ make

4.[cy]$ make clean wrap

5.[cy]$ load_i2c

The result is that the PC couldn't detect cy7c67300 after I did as the bash prompt told me to reset the button on the board. I have no idea about it,can you help me?

Thanks,

sunlei

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say MSC firmware I assume you're talking about CY4640 firmware for Ez-Host. This configures Ez-Host as a mass storage host.

Are you using this firmware "as is" or made any modifications to it?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,aasi

I have read ANI5484 and AN70973 in the www.cypress.com and I want to use cy7c67300 to read data from an USB Flash Drive, my development board is a custom board. I used the msc firmware of the cy4640 development kit without any modifications.I have found the source code at the USB/OTG—Host/Source/stand-alone/msc,and I used the gun tools to build it and loaded it into the EEPROM! But the PC can't identify the usb device(cy7c67300,vid=04B4,pid=7200) after I did it. To my surprise,I have tried to load other example codes in the USB/Host/Source/stand-alone,and the result is same as msc firmware,the usb device was missing unexpectedly after the code was loaded into EEPROM!I really don't know about this,could you help me?

Appreciate it,

sunlei

0 Likes