CY7C67300 USB Host and Device Questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question about CY7C67300 after going through the data sheet.

1. I would like to use CY7C67300 in co-processor mode with HPI port interface. I need two Host ports and One device ports. I was planning to use port 1A as peripheral and ports 2A and 2B as Hosts. In this configuration what does the OTGID pin have to be tied to +3.3V or GND or left floating as I intend to use that port as a peripheral. Also is this configuration valid to use meaning port 1A as peripheral and 2A and 2B as hosts.

2. Can I use GPIO pins to use as Enable input to a USB Power Switch to provide 500mA current and use the FLAG output from the USB power switch back into CY7C67300 to check for over current situations.

3. I came across some other application note from Cypress about HPI port and I am confused by one statement I found in it. It stated that BIOS will not configure port 1A or 2AS in co-processor mode. What does this imply? How else would I configure port 1A as peripheral and port 2A as host?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Yes, your configuration is valid
Please look at page 5 of the datasheet http://www.cypress.com/?docID=45285 for more details.

2. It is possible. I don't see any issues with the use case.

3. The USB port configuration can be done through the HPI interface. Please look at page 31 of the datasheet for more details.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question about CY7C67300.

I would like to use one pice of CY7C67300 communicate with other  pice of CY7C67300.

How to achieve this transmission?   

thanks!   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

What is your application?

You can try communicating between the devices using UART,SPI.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes