Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB EZ-PD Type-C

tiq_4729871
New Contributor

Hi,

When I used mini B cable to connect PC and CY4531 CCG3 Evaluation board,at the same time, I powered on CY4531, Device Manage of PC can detect device,displaying "USB-serial adapter1" and "USB-serial(dual channal) vender MFG". But on the EZ-PD Configuration Utility, it can not find the HID/USB-serial Bridge devices and displayed "

0 HID devices found

0 USB-Serial Bridge devices found

No HID/USB-Serial Bridge devices found

Device Discovery failed"

So any ideas? And must I use miniprog3 to debug program?

If I use miniprog3, can the EZ-PD Configuration Utility detect device?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14

Hi,

From the screenshot of the device manager, I think the USB-Serial device is not enumerating with SCB 1 in I2C Vendor mode.

Please follow the steps below-

1. Set jumpers J3, J4 on the kit to position 2-3 and connect to host PC using Type A to mini-B cable as you mentioned.

2. Connect to the device on the USB-Serial Configuration Utility and program SCB 1 in I2C mode as shown in the first attached image.

3. Click on Device->Reset Device in the utility as shown in the second attached image. The device should now re-enumerate in the device manager as shown in the third attached image.

4. Open the EZ-PD Configuration Utility and check if the device appears.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Sananya_14

Hello,

Could you please use the USB-Serial Configuration Utility from the USB-Serial SDK and check if the SCB 1 is configured for I2C Vendor mode?

You could use MiniProg3 for SWD debug and programming but the EZ-PD Configuration Utility uses the I2C interface between CCG3 and USB-Serial device for programming.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
tiq_4729871
New Contributor

Hello,

I selected billboard option to configurate SCB1 to I2C mode. BUT I do not know how to save it. And I also can't connect devices on the EZ-PD Configuration Utility.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

Since the CCG3 EVK has the CY7C65215 part, please configure it using the USB-Serial Configuration Utility which can be downloaded from the link above. You could connect to the utility as shown in the attached image. Could you kindly attach a screenshot of your device manager showing the present USB-Serial device interfaces?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
tiq_4729871
New Contributor

Hi Sananya,

1.Device manager of PC can detect device connection.

2.Cypress USBSerial Configuration Utility can configurate SCB1 into I2C mode and click Program. It can also attach 1 device.

3.EZ-PD Configuration Utility can't detect device connection.

What IC I used is CYPD3125-40LQXIT and CY7C65215-32LTXI.

On the CCG3_Evaluation_Board, I selected pin 2-3 of J3 and pin 2-3 of J4 in short respectively. And I used mini-B cable to connect CCG3_Evaluation_Board and PC with power on.                

Screenshot shows as below.

Why the EZ-PD Configuration Utility can't  connect device? Should I pre-configurate sth or What can I do step by step to detect devices?

Thank you.

240.png

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hi,

From the screenshot of the device manager, I think the USB-Serial device is not enumerating with SCB 1 in I2C Vendor mode.

Please follow the steps below-

1. Set jumpers J3, J4 on the kit to position 2-3 and connect to host PC using Type A to mini-B cable as you mentioned.

2. Connect to the device on the USB-Serial Configuration Utility and program SCB 1 in I2C mode as shown in the first attached image.

3. Click on Device->Reset Device in the utility as shown in the second attached image. The device should now re-enumerate in the device manager as shown in the third attached image.

4. Open the EZ-PD Configuration Utility and check if the device appears.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post