problem: configuration utility can not detect device

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tiq_4729871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I used mini B cable to connect PC and CY4531 CCG3 Evaluation board,at the same time, I powered on CY4531, Device Manage of PC can detect device,displaying "USB-serial adapter1" and "USB-serial(dual channal) vender MFG". But on the EZ-PD Configuration Utility, it can not find the HID/USB-serial Bridge devices and displayed "

0 HID devices found

0 USB-Serial Bridge devices found

No HID/USB-Serial Bridge devices found

Device Discovery failed"

So any ideas? And must I use miniprog3 to debug program?

If I use miniprog3, can the EZ-PD Configuration Utility detect device?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

From the screenshot of the device manager, I think the USB-Serial device is not enumerating with SCB 1 in I2C Vendor mode.

Please follow the steps below-

1. Set jumpers J3, J4 on the kit to position 2-3 and connect to host PC using Type A to mini-B cable as you mentioned.

2. Connect to the device on the USB-Serial Configuration Utility and program SCB 1 in I2C mode as shown in the first attached image.

3. Click on Device->Reset Device in the utility as shown in the second attached image. The device should now re-enumerate in the device manager as shown in the third attached image.

4. Open the EZ-PD Configuration Utility and check if the device appears.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Could you please use the USB-Serial Configuration Utility from the USB-Serial SDK and check if the SCB 1 is configured for I2C Vendor mode?

You could use MiniProg3 for SWD debug and programming but the EZ-PD Configuration Utility uses the I2C interface between CCG3 and USB-Serial device for programming.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

I selected billboard option to configurate SCB1 to I2C mode. BUT I do not know how to save it. And I also can't connect devices on the EZ-PD Configuration Utility.

Thanks.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

Since the CCG3 EVK has the CY7C65215 part, please configure it using the USB-Serial Configuration Utility which can be downloaded from the link above. You could connect to the utility as shown in the attached image. Could you kindly attach a screenshot of your device manager showing the present USB-Serial device interfaces?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hi Sananya,

1.Device manager of PC can detect device connection.

2.Cypress USBSerial Configuration Utility can configurate SCB1 into I2C mode and click Program. It can also attach 1 device.

3.EZ-PD Configuration Utility can't detect device connection.

What IC I used is CYPD3125-40LQXIT and CY7C65215-32LTXI.

On the CCG3_Evaluation_Board, I selected pin 2-3 of J3 and pin 2-3 of J4 in short respectively. And I used mini-B cable to connect CCG3_Evaluation_Board and PC with power on.                

Screenshot shows as below.

Why the EZ-PD Configuration Utility can't  connect device? Should I pre-configurate sth or What can I do step by step to detect devices?

Thank you.

240.png

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

From the screenshot of the device manager, I think the USB-Serial device is not enumerating with SCB 1 in I2C Vendor mode.

Please follow the steps below-

1. Set jumpers J3, J4 on the kit to position 2-3 and connect to host PC using Type A to mini-B cable as you mentioned.

2. Connect to the device on the USB-Serial Configuration Utility and program SCB 1 in I2C mode as shown in the first attached image.

3. Click on Device->Reset Device in the utility as shown in the second attached image. The device should now re-enumerate in the device manager as shown in the third attached image.

4. Open the EZ-PD Configuration Utility and check if the device appears.

Best Regards,

Sananya