USB Bootloader for CYPD3120

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NaMe_2085021
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

Please help me.

I'm new to embedded programming

In my own project I use controller CYPD3120 and want update firmware with help USB Bootloader.

For write my firmware I use IDE PSoC Creator 4.3.

I use components USBFS and Bootloader. After Generate Aplication I get two errors:

1. ADD: sdb.M0059: error: Error in component: USBFS_1. The USBFS_v3_20 component (USBFS_1) is not compatible with the selected device. Please check the component datasheet for details on updating to a compatible component.

2. Error: fit.M0050: The fitter aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rebuild. (App=cydsfit)

I did everything according to the instructions in this documentation:

https://www.cypress.com/file/45376/download

You can view my schematic in attach. This  will use for control stepper motors.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For CYPD3120, please refer to the example firmware from https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3... since by default it is a DP dongle part.

For customizing the firmware, please use PSoC Creator 3.3 SP2 from the link- https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive

The firmware already has a bootloadable component with the USB bootloader so you dont need to add any additional components for updating the firmware using USB. The HID interface enabled by the bootloader will allow you to upgrade the firmware using the EZ-PD Configuration Utility.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For CYPD3120, please refer to the example firmware from https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3... since by default it is a DP dongle part.

For customizing the firmware, please use PSoC Creator 3.3 SP2 from the link- https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive

The firmware already has a bootloadable component with the USB bootloader so you dont need to add any additional components for updating the firmware using USB. The HID interface enabled by the bootloader will allow you to upgrade the firmware using the EZ-PD Configuration Utility.

Best Regards,

Sananya

Thank you!

When I connect with help SWD interface by MiniProg3, I can't use debug. Why?

0 Likes

Hi,

Please let us know the error you get while debugging? For using SWD debugging, please use the 'noboot' project in the same workspace for the CYPD3120-40LQXI_dp_dongle project.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Thank you!

Can I update firmware with help SWD interface?

0 Likes

I wanted to update the firmware using the EZ-PD Configuration Utility. I used a USB type A to USB type C cable and got a problem, my PC does not see the CYPD3020 device. Please tell, what is the problem?

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, SWD interface can be used for firmware update.

When you connect the device, is the device not enumerating at all in the device manager? Please ensure the CCG_BB_ENABLE, FLASHING_MODE_USB_ENABLE macros are set to 1 in the firmware. Please also check if the Billboard configuration parameters are correctly defined in your configuration file on the EZ-PD Configuration Utility.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hi,

When I connect MiniProg 3,  the device is enumerating in the device manager, but if I disconnect MiniProg 3, the device is not enumerating in the device manager.

Please tell me why this is happening?

0 Likes

Hi,

-Could you please confirm what LEDs are glowing on your board when you dont have the MiniProg3 connected? Please check if you are shorting VDDIO and VDDD. You may also not pull up XRES since it is already pulled up to VDDIO internally. We recommend connecting the decoupling capacitors as shown in Figure 13 of the datasheet.

-Please note that the AUX pins are routed to SBU pins in this firmware and you will have to modify the configuration in the firmware to use AUX_P for any other purpose.

-Please confirm if you tried programming the .hex from the SDK using MiniProg3 before the enumeration issue.

Best Regards,

Sananya

Hello,

1. If you follow the attached diagram, the following LEDs light up: D5 and D6.

2. Please help me to do this.

3. I confirm.

With best regards Nazar Melnichek

0 Likes

Hi Sananya,

I forgot connect VDDIO and VDDD.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Nazar Melnichek

0 Likes