CCG2 60W Car Charger Reference Design what would cause enable to be stuck low?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

On my board, I have implemented the

CCG2 60W Car Charger Reference Design

I have programmed the CYPD2134 with the reference design .hex file.

When I apply power, the EN (pin 15) is always LOW.

How can I troubleshoot the problem? Is the .hex source code available?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Edward Wright,

The pin#15 of CYPD2134 on NCP81239 is controlled by CCG2, CCG2 enable it when VBUS provide path shall be enabled. And CCG2 disable it when VBUS provide path shall be disabled. You could test that with plug in Type-C sink and plug out Type-C sink. The enable pin shall be difference.

We do not have plan to release firmware source code of NCP81239 reference design, since there are many customize firmware inside including Quick Charge. If you could like to take a look firmware of CYPD2134, you could get firmware code SDK version after installed CCGx SDK from the link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-software-development-kit?source=sear...

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Edward Wright,

The pin#15 of CYPD2134 on NCP81239 is controlled by CCG2, CCG2 enable it when VBUS provide path shall be enabled. And CCG2 disable it when VBUS provide path shall be disabled. You could test that with plug in Type-C sink and plug out Type-C sink. The enable pin shall be difference.

We do not have plan to release firmware source code of NCP81239 reference design, since there are many customize firmware inside including Quick Charge. If you could like to take a look firmware of CYPD2134, you could get firmware code SDK version after installed CCGx SDK from the link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-software-development-kit?source=sear...

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes