Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've downloaded a program with a patch "additional_advertisement_control.a" to use "bleprofile_notifyAdvPacketTransmissions". I've found a bug that I cannot solved. Therefore, I removed that patch.

After that download, I've tried to download original sample programs (such as hello_sensor") to the WICED Sense, but it always malfunctions when it advertises (Advertisement start for a few milliseconds and stop. PC cannot pair with it). Seems like the patch in the previous download affects consequent downloads.

I have another WICED Sense that is not affected by that patch. Testing of hello_sensor on that device has no problem at all.

I have followed WICED Sense recovery procedure, but it didn't help me.

How can I solved this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was recovered somehow after I download many different version of my code.

I'm not sure, but it seems to be related to this line of code

bleprofile_regTimerCb(print_time_and_kill, NULL);

Instead of NULL, I should use a blank function instead.

Calling of NULL may generate inconsistent behavior as I observed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee

You should do another recovery, but download the wiced_sense application instead from the SDK.

In hindsight, the sense kit is more of a demo kit than anything else. For all product development, the TAG3 board

is still the way to go.

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee

Any luck? Can you recover your sense board?

prayook

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was recovered somehow after I download many different version of my code.

I'm not sure, but it seems to be related to this line of code

bleprofile_regTimerCb(print_time_and_kill, NULL);

Instead of NULL, I should use a blank function instead.

Calling of NULL may generate inconsistent behavior as I observed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes