Can Anaren Atmosphere be used offline?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a customer that likes what Anaren Atmosphere has to offer, but is not too keen on using the cloud-based development system.  Is there an offline version that I can have him download?  Right now he is inclined to begin development on Android Studio.

Adam

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi adam.garrison

No, the Anaren Atmosphere tools are only available as an online cloud-based toolset.  The closest that you can get to offline operation would be to do the following:

1. Use Anaren Atmosphere to design your app.  (cloud based)
  2. Build your Atmosphere application (cloud based).
  3. Project > Download Embedded Source.  This will download the generated WICED Smart SDK project to your PC.  From there you can build using the SDK locally.
  4. Project > Download App Source.  This will download the generated Phone Gap project to your PC.  From there you can build using Phone Gap (and other necessary tools) locally.

I hope that this is helpful.

Best regards,

Geof

andrew997

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi adam.garrison

No, the Anaren Atmosphere tools are only available as an online cloud-based toolset.  The closest that you can get to offline operation would be to do the following:

1. Use Anaren Atmosphere to design your app.  (cloud based)
  2. Build your Atmosphere application (cloud based).
  3. Project > Download Embedded Source.  This will download the generated WICED Smart SDK project to your PC.  From there you can build using the SDK locally.
  4. Project > Download App Source.  This will download the generated Phone Gap project to your PC.  From there you can build using Phone Gap (and other necessary tools) locally.

I hope that this is helpful.

Best regards,

Geof

andrew997

0 Likes