Bluetooth SIG Certification/QDID Assigments

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StSm_298421
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

I'm not convinced that the QDID listing on the BT website for the BCM920736S is correct.

Declaration ID B021675 for QDID 51750 for Design Name "BCM20732/BCM20736/BCM20737" says the Product Type is "End Product". But the RIN (BCM20732_RIN1.doc) says it is for Product Name BCM20732S and the Product Type Declaration section says "The Broadcom BCM20732S is listed as a Bluetooth Component Product"

Declaration ID D022301 for QDID 61027 for Design Name "BCM20732 / BCM20736 / BCM20737 / BCM20738" says the Product Type is "Component". But the RIN (BCM20732_RIN-update.doc) says it is for Product Name BCM20732S. In fact, the document is almost identical to the BCM20732_RIN1.doc, excepting date changes and the addition of three profiles.

Shouldn't these documents refer specifically to the BCM920736S or BCM920737S?

Shouldn't they refer to a particular SDK version?

If we use a BCM920736E, with external antenna, does this necessitate a new QDID because the radio characteristics change due to the antenna?

What constitutes a "change which may affect Bluetooth functionality" (wording from the RIN template). Most products which use a module add services and characteristics. Obviously these change Bluetooth functionality, but there are no BT SIG automated test for vendor-specific profiles, so it doesn't make sense to make a new QDID component listing just because the firmware has some unique features.

If we're only targeting BT 4.0 functionality, we use the BCM920736S and we only add services and characteristics which are not SIG-defined, can we refer to QDID 51750 in our end product listing?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

stuart_sf

Note that QDID 51750 (End Product) is the correct one to use for the BCM207376S and the others in this family (BT 4.0)

QDID 61027 can be leveraged across the family for BT 4.1 (Component).

The BCM2073X family from a stack and HW perspective are all identical as the BT Sig is concerned with 'stack' compliance and interoperability.

The antenna selection is not related to BT Sig Stack/interoperability certification, but is very important for regulatory (FCC, TELEC, etc.)

The link here provides alot of additional information:

Do I need to register separately with the Bluetooth SIG to use the Bluetooth logo in my product?

Including links to the BT Sig website where addition materials are available.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

stuart_sf

Note that QDID 51750 (End Product) is the correct one to use for the BCM207376S and the others in this family (BT 4.0)

QDID 61027 can be leveraged across the family for BT 4.1 (Component).

The BCM2073X family from a stack and HW perspective are all identical as the BT Sig is concerned with 'stack' compliance and interoperability.

The antenna selection is not related to BT Sig Stack/interoperability certification, but is very important for regulatory (FCC, TELEC, etc.)

The link here provides alot of additional information:

Do I need to register separately with the Bluetooth SIG to use the Bluetooth logo in my product?

Including links to the BT Sig website where addition materials are available.

0 Likes

I just confirmed with our internal BT Sig contact that my response is accurate.

The only feature difference between the 2 listings is that we added GATT Client, Time Profile, and LE HID to the 4.1 listing, which shouldn’t matter to most.

0 Likes