OE_n significance in CY7C1370D SRAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm working on interfacing cy7c1370d with spartan 6 fpga. In the data sheet its specified that the output buffers are tristated automaticaly during the 2nd cycle of the write operation where the data is presented on the DQ lines . but in the switching waveform of the datasheet at one clock transition the OE_n is high for half of the clock duration . Do i need to do the same while writing into the device ? please help...

0 Likes
1 Solution
PriteshM_61
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hi Chaitu,

DQs/DQPs are tristated when -->  (WE# enabled) OR (Chip is disabled) OR (OE# is disable)

So, DQs/DQPs are automatically tristated during the data portion of a write cycle regardless of the state of OE# 

OR

you can have proper OE# level during the status change, like when status changes from read to write then OE# should be disable and from write to read OE# should be enable.

You can use both option according to your convenience.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Thanks,

Prit

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
PriteshM_61
Employee
Employee

Hi Chaitu,

DQs/DQPs are tristated when -->  (WE# enabled) OR (Chip is disabled) OR (OE# is disable)

So, DQs/DQPs are automatically tristated during the data portion of a write cycle regardless of the state of OE# 

OR

you can have proper OE# level during the status change, like when status changes from read to write then OE# should be disable and from write to read OE# should be enable.

You can use both option according to your convenience.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Thanks,

Prit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you prit for the reply 

and i had another problem in using the VHDL and Verilog model for CY7C1370D , when I initialize the memory as a component and instantiate it in my program with all the necessary inputs in xilinx , it gives an error in the model for illegal declaration in the sensitivity list for the clock validation process , can you suggest me how should i simulate the model without these errors ?

0 Likes
PriteshM_61
Employee
Employee

Hi Chaitu,

Could you please be more specific about the error.

Thanks,

Prit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

problem with verilog model :'force statement not supported for synthesis' 

and for VHDL model it says : Line 231: Illegal name on the sensitivity list

the line 231 is :   WAIT ON Clk'DELAYED(tAH), Clk'DELAYED(tCENH), Clk'DELAYED(tWEH), Clk'DELAYED(tDH);

These are the problems im facing while trying to use the model. ANy help is highly appreciated .

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i Found the problem i was trying to syntehsize the model which is a wrong thing to do . It has to be used in the simulation (testbench)  . 

0 Likes