Unable to edit code in PSoC Creator 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, recently I have updated my PSoC Creator to version 4 and I'm unable to edit or change any codes in some previous projects I made. The text cursor won't appear when I click on any lines on the main.c file. Nothing comes out when I press any key on my keyboard. 

0 Likes
18 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please share details about your system like OS,RAM etc.

Are you observing this issue for all the projects or for any specific project.

Please share the project if particularly you are observing the issue.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I just attached my computer information. In the beginning, I suspect the issue is related to any projects created using old PSoC Creator. However I created a new project yesterday and the issue happens with my new project as well.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Can you try uninstalling PSoC Creator4.0 UP1 and then try installing from this link-

http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have tried uninstalling my PSoC Creator 4.0 and install the new software using the link provided. However the problem still persists.
I'm not sure if I have done a clean removal of PSoC Creator 4.0, I suspect it might be linked to any old files which don't get remove during uninstallation.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Can you try installing the PSoC Creator3.3SP2 from this link-

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive

​Please update us whether that also has the issue mentioned previously.

It will help us in categorizing the issue whether it is related to PC4.0's incorrect install or some system specific issue

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have installed PSoC Creator 3.3 SP2 but I'm unable to open the project I created in PSoC Creator 4.0. I was prompted an error of "data not formatted correctly", might be due to different compiler version I guess? 

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Yes,it is expected that the project created in PSoC Creator 4.0 will not open in PC3.3 SP2.

But,you can check for the issue by opening any example project in PC3.3SP2

0 Likes
DeWa_1412491
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Have you solved your problem? I met the same problem as you

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply. I found a solution to edit the c file but the bug still exists. If I open PSoC Creator first then click "Open Project" there is no problem editing the file.
But if I open the .cywrk file in File Explorer the bug is there.

I think it has nothing to do with the project itself but the PSoC Creator.
I'm willing to post my project if it is still required.

0 Likes

Hi wjlee24_1764846,

Thank you for your solution, I use your way to open the project and then I can edit the C file, but I still can't edit the C file by double clicking to open the project.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Please post your project

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have attached one of the project which have the mentioned bug.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Ideally you should open the project with "Open Project" option in PSoC Creator IDE or double clicking the "PSoC Creator Workspace" file)(Testing_Space )or  double clicking the  "PSoC Creator Project" file inside  7_Segment_LED.cydsn   file.

I opened by those ways the project in PSoC Creator4.0 UP1 ,I am unable to find the issue.

Can you mention are you trying to open the project by some other way 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ANKS,

If I open the file by double clicking the .cydsn file, the issue is there. But if I open the file through "Open Project" option is PSoC Creator IDE, there's no problem at all.

Thanks

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This behavior shows that something is wrong with the file-association in windows. Obviously not a Creator problem.

Bob

0 Likes
GrLe_1336286
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi All

Encountered the same issue as mentioned by the thread initiator.

This occurred when migrating complete uncompressed, unarchived PSoC Creator project folders from a Win 7 Pro to Win 10 box.

The issue, for my installation, appeared to be related to the cywrk file. Deleting the cywrk resolves the issue as Creator regenerates the file and editing in PSoC Creator was then possible.

Differences between the a working and non-working file appeared to be in XML entries SelectedNodeId and of course OpenDocs and DocumentWindow.

Hope this helps someone, albeit late!

bamm
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins 5 replies posted First reply posted

I jusr had the same problem with PSoC Creator 4.4 on Win10 -> when the project is openend by double click the project file in the filex explorer, editing do not work. it would be good to find a solution for this problem.

0 Likes